8.20.2011

Chicago - Day #2

The only plan we made today was to ditch the rental car.  With everything so close, we saw no need to pay the $40 a day rate, and the $49 a day parking fee at the hotel.  I'm not made of money, and I could use the extra walking after the massive caloric intake we've had the fast few days.  Chicago food = Yum.

It just so happens that on this weekend every year is the Chicago Air & Water Show right on the beach of Lake Michigan, which features the Blue Angels.  We walked the 8 blocks (along with the rest of the entire city) to the beach to watch the show.

And then it rained.  A Lot.  A freaking torrential downpour.  The show was canceled, until tomorrow.

Since we had no umbrella, no rental car, every taxi in the city was already taken and we were still several blocks from the hotel, we popped inside the Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art to ride out the storm.

Once again, I indulged Chris because he loves Contemporary Art (and I 100% don't).


I mean really, does this look like art to you?


But even then, there was only so much "art" we could see, and lunch time was quickly approaching.  It was time for my first ever Chicago Stuffed Pizza, and according to the locals, the place to go was Giordano's.


And it did not disappoint.  It was Amazing!  I was absolutely worth the hour wait.  So, I've eaten seafood and had a famous stuffed pizza... all I have left to try is a Chicago Dog.

It's early, but we're off to bed!  It's been a full day and we have a jam packed day tomorrow, which includes a trip to the Sear's Tower, round two of the Air Show, a Chicago Cubs baseball game and meeting up with other A.E.'s from the state of Utah before the conference starts on Monday.