5.08.2012

Time to Head Outside

I've been posting about finishing my kitchen, and I'm still working on that.  But... the warm weather and the massive amount if weeds in my planters is forcing me to head outside.  So, for now, my fabric is will continue to sit on my craft table (untouched), a few cabinets doors will remain in the basement until they can be painted, an the contractor's light fixture above my kitchen table will have to do for know.


The outside trim of my front door has been primed and is awaiting a fresh coat of white trim paint.  The door will be painted red (a huge step outside of my comfort zone... but I'm excited to see the finished result.

The shutters are off the house and have been painted a shiny dark blue-ish grey (navy) and will hopefully be up and on the house by the time I get home from work today (keeps your fingers crossed that the hubs will NOT forget his ladder today).

My dad (the master of beautiful landscaping) is coming up this weekend and I'm hoping to get some great ideas for the planter underneath the windows.  Those old shrubs are ugly and infected with bugs, so they've just got to go.  I want color!  Lots of color!  Plants with yellows, red and purple blossoms.

It's a good thing you can't see my back planters and garden.  It's embarrassing really.  They are completely overgrown with weeds and will be tonight's project.

The shed out back will be painted the same color as the front door, to mimic a small red barn, even though it's just a tool shed.  But it does hold the horse tack and supplies, so I'm calling it a mini-red-barn.

So, if you find yourself at my house, and the inside is a complete mess and the dishes are piling up... it's because I'm pulling weeds.  No one told me that buying a house with a lot of land came with a lot of weeds.

This home will soon look like the cute country cottage I've always wanted.

No comments: