9.26.2013

Grand Targhee / Jackson Hole

Chris has a project he'll be working on in Jackson Hole during the month of October. It will be sad to have him gone during my birthday month, but hey... I'm used to it. It's also the start of the Deer hunt.

He needed to get a contract signed so we headed up to Jackson for a quick trip and made a few stops along the way.  I had never been to Idaho Falls and we all needed a chance to stretch our legs.  We parked at the Idaho Falls Temple (which Brielle didn't think was appropriate on a Sunday???) and walked around for a while.



We stayed up at the Grand Targhee Resort that night (as it was $100 cheaper than staying in Jackson) and I'm glad we did. This was the only time we'd get to see the Grand Tetons, since the weather the next day was cloudy, rainy and wet.


There was a mountain biking tournament at the resort that weekend, so naturally, the resort was crawling with outdoorsy types -- you know, long hair, beards, and dressed like they'd just walked out of REI. It's a good thing we drove a Subaru or they may have asked the conservative Mormon family to leave.

Anyway, we decided to take a walk up the mountain to take a look at the bike trails that were used in the race earlier that day. And if there was any doubt that putting Brielle in the Acceleration program (CrossFit) at Logan Hospital did any good....

 

...it was squashed when Brielle not only ran the entire way up the mountain, but was the only one who made it up to the top.


This was Brielle's first trip to Jackson and I can't even recall the last time I vacationed here.  We didn't stay very long, but while Chris spent several hours meeting with clients, Brielle and I spent a lot of time wandering, looking at shops, buying souveniers and enjoying sweet treats.


 

My daughter is destined to be a hoarder, I'm afraid.  A trait she certainly didn't get from me.  If she had an endless supply of funds at her disposal, she'd buy up every little random trinket she could find.


Of course, when I told her that she'd have to spend her own money on those types of things, she quickly decided it wasn't worth it. Nevertheless, our several hours of girl was a lot of fun.

Just before leaving on this spontaneous trip, I had just returned from two work trips.  Leaving again wasn't something I really wanted to do.  But I'm quickly learning that these trips -- the spontaneous ones -- also seem to be the most fun.

No comments: