1.26.2011

My Therapy

Why pay a shrink?  I have a blog.


My blog has obviously evolved over the past several months.  In the past, I would brag about my family, post vacation pics, etc.  Now... for me... it's so much more than that.  It's my own personal therapy.  

At any given time, I know not who is reading the words contained in each post, therefore, I feel the freedom to say whatever I feel.  I choose not to worry about what someone might think.  I can say "shit, damn and hell" because my dad's not around to look at me with a disapproving glare at my random use of profanity.  My blog is my judgment free zone.

No one to criticize, to talk back or tell me that I'm wrong.  

I even went as far as to remove the ability to comment on my posts.  Not because someone said something that offended me, or hurt my feelings, but because I realized I didn't need it.  I used to believe that the number of comments determined my blogs popularity.  It doesn't.  All it did was make me feel insecure when no one cared enough to comment on my daughter's darling Halloween costume, or agree with my utter hatred of WalMart.

I don't need that.  

My blog has provided me an outlet for my frustration, a drawing board for my thoughts and ideas, and a way to document my personal growth.  My blog is an outline of the memories my family has created and is a constant reminder of how much my life is blessed.

Blogging has saved me.  It's given me an opportunity to invest my time in something personal, meaningful and something truly therapeutic. 

No comments: