One of the dangers of Pinterest is that you never know how something is going to turn out. Especially recipes. It may be amazing, and something you incorporate into your list of favorites... or it could be a total fail. I've experienced both.
This recipe, however, has made it onto my "Best Pinterest Find Ever" list. Currently, nothing else is on that list. But this recipe? It's so good, it makes me drool just thinking about it. It's so good, I've been trying to think of a random party to have so I can share it. I'm even secretly wishing the Relief Society would call with a dinner assignment for a family with a new baby.
And I've never been a fan of Chicken Cordon Bleu. Too complicated and too time consuming. But this recipe is quick and easy. And it really is amazing!
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Recipe From: Mel's Kitchen Cafe
|Photo Courtesy of Mel's Kitchen Cafe|
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
12 slices deli honey ham
1 cup bread crumbs (I used Panko)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 pounds thinly sliced Swiss cheese
Parmesan-Dijon Cream Sauce
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 chicken bouillon cube, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons melted butter; set aside.
- Lay the chicken breast halves in a single layer in the baking dish. Top each breast with two slices of ham and 2 slices of Swiss cheese. It's okay for the ham and cheese to overlap, as long as the entire breast is covered. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top of the chicken.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (clear juices), the cheese is bubbly and the bread crumbs are golden brown.
- While the chicken bakes, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour to form a roux, cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly pour in the milk while whisking constantly, make sure there are no clumps. Stir in the bouillon and salt. Whisk constantly until the mixture begins to thicken, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted. Keep the sauce warm.
- Remove chicken from oven, plate, and top with sauce.