1.06.2011

Ready...Go!

2011 has started off at a pace so fast, I'm not sure I can keep up.

My Christmas Tree is still up.  Does that give you any indication of how behind I might be?

I volunteer in Brielle's classroom each Thursday, and today, my job was helping students pass off 40 multiplication problems in under 90 seconds.  While I held the stopwatch in my hand, I watched as some kids stepped up to the plate and calmly completed the task at hand.  Others, however, were filled with anxiety.  Their hands shook and they bounced their legs, possibly thinking that by keeping their little bodies moving, they might just finish on time.  Sadly, the anxious kids rarely finished. 

I, too feel as though someone is standing over me with a stopwatch, challenging me to work harder, move faster and get as many things done as possible by the end of the day.  And it's not the encouraging type... It's the "get your butt in gear and get moving!" type.  This makes me so anxious and I find my self not completing everything or forgetting altogether what "to do's" I have left to do!

Then I just get cranky.  And probably quite mean.  And for that, I feel sorry for those who have to deal with me.

No comments: