3.16.2011

"Bought the Farm"

Have you ever heard this phrase?  I looked up the origin and it's quite depressing.  The phrase predates World War II, but came into common use at that time due to the large numbers of training casualties due inexperienced pilots.  It literally means dead.  Passed away.  Expired.  Vacated this world.

So, when you hear somebody say "he bought the farm," he's gone to meet his maker.

Except for in my case...  'cause I bought the farm!!!

I've been wanting to tell everyone I know, but Chris asked forced me to contain all my excitement -- which, by the way, resulted in the worst hair cut in history (he hasn't forgiven me for it yet, either).  I blame him.  He said "wait until it's final, Emily."  

It's final!!!


It's 3200 sq. ft. of Cape style heaven, with 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and horse property!  Yes folks, included is an acre of land, perfect for a horse (or in our case, two).  With the weather here seeming more like Seattle, the horses will keep dry under shelter and there will be no rotting, wet hay this year.

Chris and I keep asking each other if this is really happening.  I can't wait to bring Dandy to Cache Valley -- Cocoa will have a buddy!  I'm positive Izzy will love the company, too.  Brielle is already excited about morning chores and I'll be able to watch my horses from my kitchen window.

We're making a few improvements before moving in, so it'll be several weeks until it's officially called "home."  I'm counting down the days.   Ahhhhhhhhh!  I'm so excited!

If my post doesn't quite portray my utter excitement... I don't know what will.

No comments: