4.10.2011

Obedience School

It's off to obedience school for Cocoa-Ca-Cho.  For the next six weeks, he'll be off trail riding in the mountains, learning to neck rein, and hopefully learning a thing or two about going when he's told to go, and stopping when he's told to stop (stopping is not really his problem, though -- he does that well enough on his own).

Training is expensive, but I feel that the expense is well worth it.  You see, in a few short weeks, we'll be moving into our new place.  And I have a feeling that with Cocoa and Dandy so close, we are going to want to ride quite a bit more than we have in the past.  I seriously cannot wait.

My heart broke as he pulled away in the trainer's trailer, but I'm sure he's in good hands.  The trainer assured us we can visit, as will even teach me how to handle Cocoa during is last few weeks of training.

No comments: