5.08.2011

3 Birds... 1 Stone

We've lived in our home for a week now, and thankfully for those around me, my attitude has improved.  We are slowly getting things put away, all the while still trying to complete the projects that need finishing.

I've had many requests for pics of our home...  Brielle has been begging me for a "project"... It's Mother's Day, you know... so we are going to kill 3 birds with 1 stone.  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What can I say about being a Mom.  It's the hardest, toughest, stress inducing, craziest job I have.  But, it's also the most rewarding, most wonderful, most joyful job I have.  Miss Brielle is the absolute love of my life. 


I love taking part in every milestone, despite the fact that I'd wish they'd stop coming.  I love watching her ride, play soccer and ride her bike.  I love listening to her read, and her snoring while sleeping make my laugh.  The phone call I get from her after school saying "Hi Mom!  I'm home!" is the most favorite part of my day.

I don't need special treatment, or gifts or anything like that.  Just give me a day that I get to spend with Brielle and I've got everything I need.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

The "project" we chose to do was a simple Thank You gift for those who gave up their Saturday to help us move.


We found the idea HERE, but modified a bit for what we were trying to do.  You take fruit cans with the tab tops, and cut out the bottom.  Fill with treats, slap on some ribbon, cute paper and a label....


... glue the bottom shut and Ta-Dah!  You've got a super easy, super cute, super fun gift to give to neighbors, teachers, mom, etc.

(For those of you who helped us move, you will be receiving one shortly).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've successfully unpacked two rooms in our new house.  I can't say finished because... well, you'll see from the pictures.

The Kitchen.  You'll have to imagine the newly painted, shaker style cabinet doors which are currently in our basement, waiting to be newly painted and hung.






The Family Room.    




We are still working on all other rooms in the house.  



No comments: