6.18.2011

Idiots

I can hardly bare to listen/read/watch the news when it comes to our immature, ridiculously lame government and the selfish people running it.  I'm serious.  It's maddening.  But this week, I realized just how lame our government agencies have gotten.  I can't take it anymore!

I need a passport.  I desperately want to go to Haiti with my dad next month to move all the children to their new home.  First stop, the Driver's License Division.  

Several weeks ago, I renewed my Driver's License.  I took my old license and my SS card.  After taking the test and waiting in line, they refused to give me my driver's license.  They wanted my birth certificate.  You mean you want to verify the same birth certificate you verified when you gave my first license!?!  COME ON!

They issued me a temporary license and told me not to come back without it.  And, they were rude.  But back to my passport.  I filled out the application and dug through boxes to find my BC, knowing I would need it to obtain my license and passport.  I headed back to the Driver's License Division -- who by the way, had lost my paperwork.  Idiots.

"Thanks, your DL will come in mail."  WHAT?  I need my DL now!  What happened to the days when they printed you a license, right then?  With all the technology available to us right now, you can't print a stinkin' license?  You want to pay the added expense of shipping it t me?  2 weeks, they said.  2 freaking weeks!  They just confirmed my speculation of pure idiocy.

I'll tell you what... if my DL doesn't come in time for me to get a passport so that I can go have this once-in-a-lifetime experience, I'm going to go ape-crazy on the Driver's License Division.

No comments: