7.14.2011

I Learn Better When Taught

Chris said to me the other day "if you want to be a cowgirl, learn to saddle your own horse!"  He said this after an hour of listening to me beg him to go riding.  I now know how to saddle a horse, but not because he taught me.

Chris and I have had this discussion when it comes to riding, too.  I'm constantly asking "am I sitting right?  Holding the reins right?  Why won't he go then!?!"  Chris just tells me to figure it out, 'cause that's what he did.

Clearly our learning styles are much, much different.  He claims that as a kid, he was told to get on the horse and go.  This doesn't work for me!  Teach me how to do it, so I know I'm doing right.  This is very important (obviously only to me), otherwise, what the hell is the point?


Since he wouldn't, I paid someone else to do it (which he didn't like either).  Oh well, now I know.