8.22.2011

Chicago - Day #3

Morning started off with our second try at the Flight Show.  We made our way down to Lake Michigan, found a great place to sit and ended up enjoying watching the people just as much as the show itself.  I took pictures of course, but would never post them on blog.  Strictly for my own entertainment (and Chris's).  I do believe, however, that half the city of Chicago could easily be nominated for "What Not to Wear" on TLC.


The stunts and planes were amazing, and could be seen the beach or from Navy Pier.  We know this, because we didn't stay in one place for the entire 4 hour show.  They had old planes, new planes, fighter jets, etc.  It was ridiculously loud and a lot of fun.  Several times I was convinced that the planes would crash into each other or right into the lake.  But they didn't.

We skipped lunch in anticipation of two things... eating at "Joe's," a hugely popular steak and seafood place and a having a Chicago Dog at the Baseball game.  Joe's did not disappoint.  The food reminded me of my stay at the Montage, Deer Valley.  Once you've had the finest and the best, it's hard to go back to average and affordable.  It was SO good.

I ate a ton.  Crab Bisque, Calamari, Crab & Artichoke Dip, Grilled Sweet Corn, Mashed Potatoes with this crispy, cheesy topping (yum) and the absolute best steak I've ever had.  Oh... and I'm still drooling over the coconut cream pie.  Holy. Smokes.

We took the subway to the big game.  You do not want to know of the things and people I saw on the Subway.  It's possible I'm scared for life.  It really wasn't that bad, but wow - I live in a bubble in Cache Valley, that's for sure. 


Wrigley Field was amazing!  Did you know there are actually stadium seating on the building surrounding the stadium?  And people watch the game from up there?  It was awesome. 

The Cubs vs. Cardinals.  It was a crazy good game! 5 Home runs, all scored by the Cards.  4 Pitcher changes, all on the Cubs side.  Let's just say there were highly drunk, highly disappointed Cubs fans walking around after the game.

By the way, due to the massive amount of food we ate at Joe's, even the sight of Chicago Dogs made us sick.  The clock is ticking, and a Chicago Dog will be eaten before leaving this city, that's for sure.