12.06.2011

Festival of Trees

This project really started December off right.

My little sis lost a baby 8 years ago this December.  It's hard to believe it's really been that long...

I'm sure in her mind, every December, while people are busy making preparations for Christmas, she's thinking of little Bridger.  Since this year, Bridger would have been baptized, my mom came up with a special way to remember him, and remind Leslie that we remember, too.

Two trees were purchased and decorated in a cowboy theme.  The first was donated to the Festival of Trees fundraiser for Primary Children's Medical Center, decorated by Rachel, my mom and myself, and the other was given to my sister as a gift, to keep in her home. 

Ride away, ride away, Bridger shall ride.
And he'll have a six-shootertied to one side.
And he'll have a lasso tied to the other,
and Bridger shall ride,to see his Grandmother.
 Bridger Layne Smith, December 13, 2003


We gathered together every person who was there the night we lost Bridger (except Chris, who was home sick, poor guy).  Leslie's family loved it, and I personally could not think of a better way to start off this holiday season.