3.29.2012

Easter Lesson

Last Sunday, the Primary President asked me if Brielle would share something she had passed off recently in her "Faith in God" book.  Rather than tell her I'm a horrible mother who has not worked with her on that, I opted for the "she would probably appreciate some time to prepare."  Which, in other words, means... we'll work on that and get back to you in a week or so.

In all honestly, Brielle is not an impromptu kind of girl, so I'm sure she really did appreciated it.  If she even knew about it.

Being that Easter is just around the corner, I wanted her to do something meaningful.  I found on Pinterest (surprise, surprise) a women who taught a Young Women lesson about what Christ did during the week leading up to the Crucifixion and Resurrection.  I decided that Brielle and I should take this a step further, and each night, during the week before Easter, talk about that day when Christ was on the earth.

The result... A book we've titled "Easter.  The Greatest Story Ever Told."  

While thinking of this project, and how we would execute it, I decided I wanted it to be something we could do as a family, every year.  And that the book would cater to a 9 year old, as well as children younger or older.  I think we accomplished just that.


My sweet girl, working so hard despite her big, bulky, blue cast.



Each page contains scripture references, quotes by prophets and an activity, or visual example, and is laid out from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday.



The above page is from the section "The Last Supper."  This particular page includes a scripture word search as well as a card that lists the different foods that Chris and His Disciples ate.  I used velum envelopes to create pockets.


On some pockets, I left the flap on, to hold items in (such as the 30 pieces of silver - or 3 dimes), and for some I cut them off.



You can find the pages of this Easter Book, along with a page of instructions and supplies needed by clicking HERE.  I think this would make a great project for Conference weekend.  Not to mention, it might provide your family an opportunity to focus more on Christ at Easter and not so much on the Easter Bunny.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Thank you!!!