11.21.2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Day #21

Day #21 - Brielle

I'll tell you what... having to write of something you are grateful every single day is a challenge. It's not that I lack things to be grateful for. The problem is narrowing down one to focus on each day. 

I've been waiting to write about my gratitude for Brielle for awhile. I knew that this would be a big one, and wanted to make sure I had the words to truly express my feelings for this amazing little girl... whose not so little anymore.

From about the time that Brielle was 2 years old until about 7, I desperately wanted another child. So much so that it consumed me. I've written about this before, but I'll give you the short version. In a nutshell, every person I met that was pregnant or had a new baby became my enemy. I hated them.

And then one day I realized that being so focused on what I didn't have (the one thing I wanted) was causing me to miss the precious blessing I did have. Brielle. And she is nothing short of amazing.

Brielle is the best Christ-like example. She is kind and caring, always aware of other peoples feelings before that of her own. It's one of my favorite qualities about her. Brielle is so funny and has such a unique personality. Not a day goes by that she doesn't make me laugh.

***Pause... the kid just choked on a smartie. Dang Halloween candy is still lingering in my house.

At age 10, she is responsible and obedient and rarely ever back talks. She does want she's asked and certainly makes life a little easier on her parents. Brielle is smart and talented. It has been such a joy to watch her mature, develop her musical talents and get involved in sports.

Brielle is at an age where she'll do anything and go anywhere with us. She'll adventure out on a hike, help me at the grocery store, or sit by my side while we're being thrown into the air on a roller coaster ride. We even completed our first 5K together this year.

I don't think that it's possible to adequately describe the amount of joy that Brielle brings into my life. I love her with all of my heart and am so grateful to have been blessed with her.

For fun, here are a few of my favorite pictures of Brielle (just so ya know, the girl is always smiling)...

3 Months Old

2nd Birthday - SeaWorld San Diego, CA

Fishing w/Dad - 4 Years Old

5 Years Old

Bear Lake - 6 Years Old

7 Years Old

8 Years Old - Baptism Pictures

First Day with Izzle-Frizzle

Horse Show - 9 Years Old

9 Years Old (You can't see, but she really is smiling!)

No comments: