9.25.2013

Meet the Team

Being an Real Salt Lake Season Ticket Holder has its perks. For one, you don't miss a home match. LOVE RSL! Second, they give you stuff, like 25% off merchandise and a scarf to wear to the games. But one thing we really looked forward to was the "Meet the Team" night.

Players were grouped in 3's and spread out around Rio Tinto Stadium, giving Season Ticket Holders the chance to meet the players in person and grab an autograph.  As you can imagine, lines for certain popular players filled up fast and Chris and I soon realized that if we were going to get to as many players as possible, we needed to split up.


It worked out well. Chris would hit a line with Brielle while I went to another line.  By the time they were done, I was almost to the front of my line, so Brielle would jump in with me and Chris would take off to find another line. The things we do for our kids...

One thing that was a little disappointing (but understandable) is that they didn't allow for pictures with the players. Only autographs. I told Chris that Brielle needed to wear her jersey, that way, when they sign in, you could get a picture with the player.  Chris decided NOT to play rule breaker, but I though I was being quite clever. So, as it was, we got a picture of our favorite players and Brielle's arm.  Awesome.


I'll tell you what -- Kyle Beckerman, team captain, made Brielle's day.  He looked at her and said "I remember you! You've grown!"  Guess what... we've never met Kyle Beckerman.  But she was, I'm not kidding, giddy and blushing.  As was I.  He is really good looking in person.


She was a little less shy meeting Goal Keeper Nick Rimando and made him laugh when she told him that she'd seen a video of his cute daughter playing soccer on Instagram.

Super fun night. Attending these games have become our families favorite activity, and having the players be so gracious to meet with so many people was really exciting! We didn't get all the signatures of all the players, but we've already secured our tickets for 2014.

No comments: