6.22.2014

Girls Camp 2014

Some how, I convinced my mom that YW Girls Camp just wasn't for me growing up. I never went as a youth. So naturally, it was the thing I feared most when I was called to be a leader in the Young Women program at our church. Which, lucky for Brielle, meant that she got to come before she actually turned 12.

As it turns out, I can handle girls camps and all the crazy fun things that happen there. I created some amazing relationships with our Young Women, proved that even though I'm not a camper, I know how to camp, and that even in the worst of weather, you can still have a good time.

I also learned that when in doubt, just pack double of everything and hope that's all you'll need.


Due to rain and snow {yes, I said snow}, we spent a good amount of time playing games in the {heated} bathrooms. Unsanitary? Yes. But comfort calls for desperate measures sometimes.


Turns out Subaru's aren't just made for hippies and Democrats. For the conservative Mormon church leader, it converts nicely into the comfiest of beds. Disclaimer... it was a little creepy being off on my own, in the dark. I kept waiting to be awoken by some sort of prank. And my suspicions proved correct, though it wasn't a prank. It was a sick daughter than needed to be taken to the bathroom. My heart literally stopped when she tapped on the window.


The clouds cleared, the sun came out and we headed to Bear Lake for some Raspberry Shakes and some water fun. It was the perfect way to conclude our week long adventure.


 Also, I'd love a paddle board. It was a huge hit!

 

And to those who doubted my abilities to make it home? Clearly, I've survived to tell about it.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I remember trying to get you to come to camp. As a YW I thought it was the best. Now after either being the girls camp leader or in yw for 12 years, I know it is way more fun as a leader! I am sure you are an awesome leader!