1.22.2011

Are you Hungry?

I currently have a horrible cold, and have been confined to my bed since 1:00 yesterday afternoon.  I haven't had much of an appetite, but felt like breakfast this morning.

There was plenty of food in my kitchen to choose from.  Cereal, Oatmeal, toast, fruit, etc.  I settled on some Multi-Grain Cherrios with 1% milk and some grapes.  The grapes were super sweet and really crunchy -- just perfect.

I'm pretty positive that when it's time for lunch, I won't be limited on my choices either.  In fact, not only is there plenty of food in my pantry, I am blessed with money in my bank account to grab lunch at Rumbi's or Cafe Rio, perhaps.  It's not going to happen, cause I'm sick, but my point is that I have options.

The Foyer de Sion has no options.  They've been completely out of food this past week.  No cereal, no fruit, nothing.  Nothing to choose from, and no money to eat out.  They're hungry.  They need food.

My dad is currently in Haiti (again), working hard to finish up the new orphanage and unload the containers with all the goods.  While there, he could use donations to help buy food for these sweet children.  If you are interesting in donating your lunch money today, please email me at em.merkley@gmail.com.  I can get the funds to my dad which he can use to by rice, beans and other Haitian pantry staples. Or, you can pledge your support on the Foyer de Sion donation site by clicking the button below.
***A sincerely thanks to a few friends and family members who have made donations to this orphanage***


No comments: