2.09.2011

Missing my DandyMan

Isn't he handsome?


This is DandyWood -- AKA DandyMan.  He's my horse.  What?  All our animals have nicknames. 

Although, he doesn't feel like my horse. At least, not yet, because he's not here with us in Cache Valley.  Chris's dad happened to be making a trip out here from the Basin with the horse trailer, and for a brief moment I was giddy.  That was before Chris stated "I've paid for him to be fed through April, so until then, he stays."  Break my heart.


I love the markings in DandyMan's face.  It's not at all perfect, like Mr. Cocoa, but it's unique.  He's quite a bit taller than Cocoa, too.  I laughed at Uncle Gordon when he put DandyMan in a ditch just to mount him.  I stopped laughing when I had to do the same.

I'm counting down the days until my horse joins us.  After that, I'll be counting down the days until I have a horse pasture of my own, right in my back yard.  Hey, my motives are not purely selfish... Cocoa-Ca-Cho really needs a buddy.


No comments: