8.19.2011

Chicago - Day #1

I know, the day is not over yet, but keep in mind that Chicago is one whole hour ahead of Utah AND it's been a very, very, very long day. After racing home from Deer Valley to re-pack and pick up Chris, we headed back to Salt Lake where we would stay the night with Brielle and catch our early morning flight to Chicago.

We woke up a little late (4:50 am instead of 4:30 am).  We left Alpine a little late (5:30 am instead of 5:00 am).

We arrived at the airport with 56 minutes to spare, which I thought would be plenty of time to check in, get through security, grab breakfast and a magazine and jump on the plane.  Nope.  Not at all how it went.  Long story short... a ridiculous amount of people in line and incompetent airport employees, our butts hit the seats with minutes to spare, without food and without anything to read. 

Now, you're going to find this next bit of information highly unusual for me.  We arrived in Chicago and I didn't have a plan.  No detailed itinerary, no schedule to keep to, nothing.  Should we rent a car?  Should we take a cab?  Who knows?  After 2 hours in the airport researching rental rates, cab fares, etc., we settled on a rental car.  

Next mission... FOOD!

Everyone told us Navy Pier was the place to go.  It's right on the lake, and just blocks from our hotel.

And, lucky for us, the Blue Angels were rehearsing for their upcoming show tomorrow (look closely, they're there).  It was amazing!


Being that Chris loves seafood, and I don't, I indulged and we went to to Bubba Gump Shrimp (just like from Forest Gump).  I even ordered seafood, and guess what... I loved it.

I'm eating seafood... I didn't make travel plans... what the "h" has happened to me?  Due to exhaustion and over eating, we've returned to our hotel for a nap.  And to blog.