12.17.2011

North Pole Express

We are well on track to making this the most memorable Christmas ever (and finding my Christmas Spirit).  Especially since this is the first year Chris and I have tried to make Christmas more memorable through experiences and activities.

Today's activity was courtesy of Chris's parents, who gathered up the entire fam for a ride on the Polar... I mean the North Pole Express in Heber, Utah.  Funny though.  They said we were going to visit Santa at the North Pole, but I swear the train was headed South towards Provo.  Oh well, the kids didn't notice.


The "elves" on the train made this trip as close to the story as possible, passing out Hot Cocoa & Cookies, singing Christmas songs and just letting the kids play and have fun.
 

Santa came through each train car and passed out the first gift of Christmas... bells from his sleigh, of course.

  

Along the way, we passed this beautiful barn.  I told Chris he had to reconstruct ours to look exactly the same.  No, this has nothing to do with the train ride, but I loved it.


Thanks G & G Merkley for a fun and memorable Christmas activity.