1.17.2012

Just One More Reason

After a long, hard day at work (for both of us), Chris will wonder outside and take care of chores.  More often now that it's cold outside.

This is why I love him so much.  He will assume my responsibilities without complaint.

If you asked Chris what he thought about having animals, he'd say "I thought I married a city girl" or "they're not my horses."  He'll roll his eyes and act very annoyed. 

But I know differently.

Tonight, my loving husband headed out back, just before dark, with Izzy by his side.  He was bundled up in a big heavy coat, gloves and muck boots.  This is Cache Valley and it's like... 5 degrees outside. 

I stood on the patio and watched as he wrestled with Izzy, kicked her squeaker into the pasture and gave the horses a good rub down.  I even heard him talk to the animals (don't tell him I told you).

And this is just one more reason that I love this man.  He indulges in the things I love, and loves them too.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Sounds like a scene from The Horse Whisperer (or some movie like that).... :)