1.16.2012

Enchilada Lasagna

I'm a sucker for Lasagna.  But usually, it's the Italian kind.  So I was a little intregued when I stumbled upon this recipe for a Mexican kind of Lasagna, especially one that uses corn tortillas as the "noodle" and is filled with yummy vegetables.

I don't know about you, but my kid won't each spinich or black beans unless hidden.  She will eat zucchini, so I wasn't too worried about that.

Click to be directed to the Site


Yes, you heard me.  Spinich and Zucchini, in the Enchilada Lasagna!  I know, crazy.  But it was wonderful!

Now, the recipe called for a store bought Rotisserie Chicken.  However, I had some thawed chicken breasts in my fridge, so it didn't seen frugal to purchase another chicken.  I opted to marinate the chicken using Our Best Bites Chicken Tacos, found in their cookbook.  The marinade for the chicken consisted of the following:
  • 1 tsp Chilli Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Cumin
  • 2 Limes, squeezed
  • 3 garlic cloves, smooshed or chopped
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1/2 tsp Petter
  • Dash or two of Red Wine Vinegar
Marinate 1 pound chicken breasts for about 4 hours, and then omit the seasoning on the vegetables in the Lasagna recipe.

My family was really looking forward to having leftovers tonight for dinner.  But those dreams were crushed when I woke up this morning, walked into the kitchen and realized I'd left the Lasagna out on the counter all night.  Nice.

Oh well, good excuse to make it again, right?  Maybe I'll try Sweet Pulled Pork and Pinto beans instead next time.  Try it!  You'll love it!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

It is going to be a repeat at our house, for sure!