2.26.2012

A True Warrior

Do you want to see who the recipient of my special "Sunshine" care package was?

She's the chick in the middle (the adult, not the child)...


She's had one heck of a personal trial the past 5 months, and Carrie (the Asian) and I had the privilege of spending the day with her.  She told us all about her war with cancer and showed us all her war wounds.  It started out as Breast Cancer, but then spread to her liver, lungs and brain.  She takes her treatment in strides, with a positive attitude and a fighting spirit.  She truly is a warrior.  

We talked about high school (and how we'd never go back, even if we could). She introduced us to "tangy's" (sp?) at a local dive, and seriously... if you ever drive through Morgan, stop and get one. You won't regret it. And after the many hours of conversation, some good food and diet soda, she reminded me that life is precious, family is important and that you can face anything when you have faith in the Lord.

I cannot wait to go visit her again.

2 comments:

John and Charese said...

Seriously so nice! It was a great day! I woke up not feeling so lovely and wanted to stay in bed, and you two brightened my whole day! It was so fun to laugh, talk, and hang out! Tangee's are the bomb! I love ya both, and you have no idea how much it meant to me for you two to drive all this way for ME! BIG HUGS!

Katie Petersen said...

It amazes me the strength some people have as they go through such unbelievable trials. It's so awesome to be able to spend time with those people and get a dose of their positive attitude all while it puts our own lives into perspective. What a good friend you are to be so thoughtful...such a cute package Em, you always amaze me. Love ya girl!