2.24.2012

Sending Sunshine

I'm seeing a high school friend tomorrow for the first time since... well, high school.  The reason for the visit is because she has cancer. I cannot even begin to imagine what her family must me going through.

Aside from taking her lunch, I've been racking my brain to figure out what I could possibly do for her.  With the amount of time I've been spending on Pinterest lately, you won't find this surprising, but I've found just the thing to "brighten" her day.

I'm calling it the "Sending Sunshine" gift basket...




I went to multiple stores looking for everything and anything yellow.  A candle, lemon anti-bacterial hand wash, lemon lip gloss, lemon candies, lemon scone mix, suckers and more.  By tomorrow morning when I head out, that green box will be filled with a Lemon Meringue Cupcakes (yum).

I created more labels and printed "sunshine" quotes on them...

"Always look towards the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you"

"Even on a cloudy day, the sun is shining somewhere"

I can't take away all her pain, and I certainly can't solve all her troubles.  But I really do hope this will "brighten" her day.

No comments: