3.23.2012

Downton Abbey

How is it possible that I just found out about this series after two full seasons?  How could it be that this show could win multiple Golden Globes and an Emmy and I still not know about it?  Why, with my love for movies set during this time period did no one inform me of its existence?

I will, however, forgive all who has had knowledge of this crazy good TV Series due to the fact that I was able to watch both series in its entirety during my business trip to Kentucky (during my non-working hours of course).  There is nothing I hate more that waiting weeks or months for the next episode.

But, now that I'm finished with Season 2, I have to wait until January 2013 for Season 3.  Blasted PBS.

For those who are not aware of this fantastically wonderful program, let me enlighten you, to spare you feelings I experienced when I just happened upon this show.

Downton Abbey is a British drama set in the early 1900's.  The dynamic of this show is interesting, as it involves the relationships between a wealthy, privileged family and their servants, all while the tragedies of the Titanic and war occur.  The performances of the actors are seriously top-notch and the writing is outstanding.

I may need to use a thesaurus to come up with more adjectives to describe this series.  I loved it.


Order it on iTunes.  You can stream the first season through Netflix.  Find two days that you can have all to yourself and just watch.  I promise you, you won't be disappointed. 

January 2013 suddenly feels like a century away.

No comments: