3.04.2012

Spiritual Thought

I had a revelation at church today.  And it came after I made a horrible comment at BUNCO last night about Visiting Teaching.  And go figure... today's Relief Society lesson was all about the importance of Visiting Teaching.

I'm known to steer clear of my Visiting Teachers.  I've never felt like I really needed them for anything.  Last night, through casual conversation, I made the following statement: 

"I work all day.  The last thing I want is someone coming to my house in the evening.  I want to relax, watch TV and spend time with my family."

Today, I realized how horribly selfish that statement was.

Today, it became clear to me that I'm denying my Visiting Teachers the opportunity to serve the Lord, by serving me, and receive the blessing promised them for being obedient. 

This wasn't said by the teacher directly, but it was certainly what I heard.

1 comment:

Katie Petersen said...

Don't you just love when these moments happen? haha. Nobody is perfect, I say things all the time and then later I'm like, Why did I say that?!! The awesome thing is that you were humble and able to hear the things that you needed during the lesson, and for that I say way to go:) Love ya girl!