3.04.2012

Samoa Cupcake

Yes, just like the girl scout cookie... but in my opinion, it was much, much better.


First, I tried this with both a vanilla cupcake, and a chocolate cupcake (in the end, the vanilla was the favorite).  I dipped the cupcakes in a caramel sauce first, topped with chocolate frosting and then sprinkled with toasted coconut. 

I'm going to recommend a few slight changes if your ever in the mood to make them...

FIRST.  
Vanilla Cupcake is definitely the way to go.

SECOND.  
Dip in Chocolate Ganache rather than a caramel coating.  I know - the caramel looks and tastes amazing, however, it made the cupcake difficult to eat.  The caramel had the consistency of a caramel apple, therefore, it was super chewy and sticky, and forks just won't "cut" it.  Pun intended.

THIRD.  
Swap out the Chocolate Frosting for a caramel frosting.  Now, clearly this was not my first choice, because Caramel Frosting is either a) too sweet or b) not enough caramel flavor.  But I have a solution...

FOURTH.  
After you've topped with toasted coconut (and it MUST be toasted - do not compromise here) drizzle with a caramel sauce and chocolate sauce.

I'm making these again for a neighbor's upcoming party and I'll be using the above changes.  Hopefully, they will turn out just as amazing, but a little easier to eat.

Recipes will follow with the second (improved) batch coming Thursday!

No comments: