6.18.2012

2 Fantastic Pinterest Finds

So, I've been testing out some Pinterest finds lately and I have yet to be disappointed.

One -- Febreeze.  I personally LOVE the stuff, but it's so expensive.  Que homemade version that is easy to make, super cheap, uses stuff I guarantee you already have at home and which I think is better than the original!


Using an empty Febreeze bottle (27 oz), add the following:
  • 2 Tbsp Baking Soda
  • 1/8 cup Liquid Fabric Softener 
  • Warm Water (fill the bottle full)
Shake, and use.  The scent lasts so much longer, and according to FakeitFrugal.blogspot.com, which is where I found the recipe, this will save you over $65 a year or more, if you're like me and use it all the time.

Two -- Hot Corn Dip.  I made this to go along with the Father's Day Ribeye steaks that we grilled for Chris.  OMGosh... it was amazing.  I could have eaten double, maybe triple what I actually ate if I hadn't been so very full.  It's so good, I'll be making it again for my BUNCO party in July.


Picture & Recipe courtesy of Gina Marie's Kitchen.com.

I made ahead, stuck in the fridge, then pulled out an baked just ahead of time that it was still warm and cheesy when we ate dinner.  This recipe is SO easy and made an entire pie plate full.  I omitted the cilantro (nasty stuff), but the tomatoes and green onions on top should are an absolute MUST.

In a mixing bowl, combine the following:

  • 2 cups shredded Chedder Cheese
  • 1 cup shredded Montery Jack Cheese
  • 2 tbs Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce, diced small
  • 1 small can (4oz) Diced Green Chilies, undrained
  • 1/2 cup Mayo
  • 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1 11oz can of Corn, drained
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or so, then top with:
  • 1 small Tomato
  • 2 tbs Cilantro, chopped
  • 2 tbs Green Onions, sliced thin
 Yum.

No comments: