7.22.2012

I Bought It... You Stack It

We took a last minute trip to Tridell last weekend to get some hay for the horses.  It seems as though hay prices doubled last year, and with as dry as it's been this Spring/Summer, Chris and I have a feeling that prices with continue to go up. 

I like to believe that Chris loves the animals as much as I do... the exception being when they cost him money.  "I can't believe I'm paying for something that will just turn to crap."  I can't remember if he actually said the word "crap" or used a word a bit more profane.  Oh well, I try not to pay attention.


It's the biggest load we've bought yet.  6 tons.  150 bales.  85 lbs each.  Holy Smokes, it was a lot of hay.  But, if given sparingly, should feed our horses for a whole year.

Because of the rain that weekend, Chris did not follow us home.  He stayed in Tridell until the skies cleared.  No one wants wet hay. 

I was at work on Monday when he arrived home and received the following picture and text...


"I bought it.  You stack it."

For the record, he didn't make me stack it alone, but he made sure I helped -- AND -- since he reads this blog, I should mention how much I love the man who indulges in the things I love.

No comments: