7.29.2012

Team Charese

Charese has certainly had a year of many challenges  Cancer is ugly.  I get tears in my eyes when I think of the many ways cancer has affected this sweet little family.  How it affects my sisters family.  And how it could devastate my own family, if it were to fall upon us.  

Charese inspires me with her strength, her faith, her optimism and shear courage as she fights this disease.  A fundraiser was held over the weekend in Draper, and I just had to help out.  $20 bucks was all they asked for.  $20 bucks and to run a 5K!  No big deal.  We were already in SLC for the weekend...

Team Charese.


Brielle asked if I thought she could do it.  Um... yeah!  If I can, so can you little miss.

All I asked was for a picture of the Team Charese logos. Not my butt.


And she did.  We did... together.  And this was only the 2nd best experience that day.


The first being able to hang around and watch Charese herself cross the finish line, with the help of her dad and husband.  Touching.


A few words of advice... anytime you get the chance to do something like this for someone you know (or don't know, rather), DO IT.  You'll walk away with so much more than what you gave.

Keep fighting Charese!

1 comment:

me said...

you said it all so much better than i did on my blog! Charese really is an amazing woman! She has had far more trials (cancer being one of them) than most people face in a lifetime and she is still so positive and optimistic. Love her!