9.30.2012

How to Swirl Frosting

I recently made some cupcakes for a friends daughters baptism and the request was "chocolate mint." Now, I find cupcakes with a heaping pile of mint frosting too sweet and too minty. I end up taking half the frosting off.

I decided to balance the mint frosting by swirling a rich (not too sweet) chocolate frosting with a creamy green mint frosting. Perfection, I tell you.

Now, I'll have to apologize for the lack of a photo. My morning was so crazy, the animals were lucky they were fed by the neighbors, otherwise, I would have forgotten.

So imagine... swirls of green mint & chocolate frosting atop a chocolate cupcake, topped with a mint chocolate candy. See. You don't need photos.

I have since been asked how I could possibly make the frosting swirls so perfect. It's because I'm awesome, says my husband. No, in all seriousness, I found the idea HERE on Our Best Bites website. I did it exactly how they did it, only mine looked better in the end.

I have a problem with arrogance from time to time. At least I'll admit it.

1 comment:

Nathan and Shanna said...

You never cease to amaze me Emily!