9.16.2012

Pinterest Find... Lemon-Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread

It's amazing how much crap you can find on Pinterest.  And when I say crap, I mean... it looks nothing like the photo and doesn't taste as good as the "pinner" claimed.  What can I say?  I'm a busy gal and I don't like it when my time (and money) is wasted.

But sometimes I stumble upon something so delicious, so amazing and so easy to make, I almost (almost) forget about the other times.  And not only have I stumbled upon another amazing recipe, but in doing so I also stumbled upon another blog with more fantastic recipes that are nutritionally conscious (for a person like me who someday hopes to called "skinny" and not "heavy."

She posts all the nutritional information, including Weight Watchers Points & Points+, and you can see in her recipes that she finds ways to cut the fat & sugar with healthy alternatives without skimping on flavor.

Take this super delicious, super moist, super yummy, super sweet, super light, don't give away the second loaf because you'll cry if you don't get another slice Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread by Eat Yourself Skinny for example...

Photo by Eat Yourself Skinny

Random thought -- can you really call this bread when it has the texture of a cake?

Anyway, there is still butter, but this recipe also includes yogurt, applesauce and of course zucchini.  For the last several weeks, I've had an abundance of zucchini brought to my house. Now, I'm completely devastated because I have all the components to make this "bread" -- except the zucchini. 

Anyone have extra zucchini they'd like me to have?  I won't share any with you after it's baked, sorry, but I've provided you with the recipe so that you may make yourself?  Anyone? 

Even if you don't have any zucchini to bring to me, try the recipe and check out her blog.  I've got my eye on another recipe of hers... Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Cereal.  Looks amazing!

1 comment:

Elder Merkley said...

Emily, we've had Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Cereal several times since Josh came across the recipe. It is fabulous. The recipe from Eat Yourself Skinny has one added ingredient--apple pie spice. I'm anxious to add it the next time I make it. Thanks for sharing. Janet