9.04.2012

Man vs. Mud 2012

We started out as 7 super hot "Bunc-Ho's"...


And after 3 miles & 27 muddy obstacles...


We had defeated the 2012 Man vs. Mud challenge. And we only got a little dirty.

The girls and I had talked about running a 5k, but then I got the crazy idea to take it one step further and play in the mud.  Or in this case, mud with a little manure (I know, it was gross -- I didn't know, okay!).

It started with a 50 foot slide down the hill, and a climb back up...


Army crawls in the mud (of course)...


Trenches full of the smelliest, nastiest, mud slime EVER (no kidding -- up to our necks), which you'll just have to imagine because Chris didn't walk the entire course taking photos.  Awwwww... supportive, isn't he?


There were hay bails to climb, which, I said to the girls "I got this."  Oh boy... I didn't.  I hurled myself so far over one, I went right off the other side.  I have trouble being overly confident from time to time.

It was difficult to run on the muddy trails.  Despite our best efforts, we just couldn't keep our footing.  Our feet sank in the mud, or we slipped.  It wasn't easy.


If you'll turn your attention to the bottom left corner of this next photo, you'll see Jill making a big splash.  The idea was to crawl along the tube, but I couldn't help myself... I pushed her in!


Karma is a bis-natch ya'll... cause just as soon as I pushed her, I myself lost my footing (again) and fell in.  

Now you'll see Jolene crossing her legs in an effort not to wet herself from laughter (which didn't work).  But she wasn't alone.  I was now in a cold, muddy pond, laughing so hard from what just happened, I joined her new club.  Not our proudest moments, for sure.


I have bruises on my knees as a result of the next obstacle.  And could someone please explain to me what kind of angle Jolene's husband was trying to get, standing underneath us all.  Hmmm.....


And now... our final desent towards the finish line.  But wait... I'm not prepared for what's at the bottom!


Nasty, muddy water.  I barely made it out with my life, I swear.  As I was bringing myself up out of the "water" I turned to see a fellow Bunco-Ho traveling at high speeds towards me.  Apparantly she didn't listen to the man at the top who said "wait until they've moved before you go."  She breaks all the rules, that one.


Whoever took this photo of our behinds should be shot.  I'm just saying.


I've never felt so dirty, so disgusting and so grossed out in all my life.  My abs are sore, my knees bruised, and oh yes, there was the part where I wet myself.  But I've haven't had that much fun in a long time.  We're already planning next years event, along side the Bunc-Ho Pimps (aka, our husbands).

Go Bunc-Ho's!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Love it, you are some Brave girls.

Jenny said...

Love it, you are some Brave girls.

Jenny said...

Love it, you are some Brave girls.

Rachelle said...

I had a blast. Funnest run I have done all year!!

keri said...

Great recap of the excitement!!! But you forgot about our awesome RED LIPSTICK!!!