11.11.2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Day #11

"The alarm can ring. The birds can peep. My bed is warm. My pillows deep.  
Today's the day I'm going to sleep!"     -- Dr. Seuss 

Day #11 - Early Morning Wake Up Calls

I love sleeping in, and this morning, I had planned on doing just that. Chris and Brielle flew back to snowy Utah yesterday and that meant 2 mornings of sleeping in, with no one to wake me up early. 

And quite honestly, between walking through theme parks for the past 6 days and walking across a convention center that I swear is a mile long for the past two, I desperately wanted to rest my body...and my feet.  Not to mention, Brielle is a super early morning riser, so sleeping in rarely occurs.

But when I woke up, voluntarily, before my alarm this morning, I found I was missing my usual morning wake up call. A super sweet little 10 year old voice that says "good morning mommy." Which is then usually followed by "can I watch tv?" But even still, those precious first few words start my day off right, even when earlier than expected or wanted. 

And I missed them today... Bad.

No comments: