11.19.2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Day #19

Day #19 - My Husband

I'll be honest, there's nothing I hate more him putting his dirty socks on the floor in front of the laundry basket, or when I hear him say "yes, I'll do the dishes... when I get around to it." Seriously, I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want them done now. Makes me insane. 

But I confess. I do take him for granted sometimes. Like tonight. I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection and it is causing the most horrible migraines. I came home from work and crashed. He left me alone, in my dark bedroom (which makes me happy when my head hurts so bad), and brought me coke to settle my stomach, crackers to munch on and plenty of meds when requested. I appreciate those little things...

Besides that, there are many other reasons I'm grateful for my husband. He came into my life at exactly the right time and changed it for the better. He makes the most wonderful dad. He puts the needs of his family above his own. He works hard, day in and day out, to support and provide for our family. He is an incessant tease... which sometimes I hate, but most of the time, I love.

He's stubborn, and almost always has to be right, but he's never asked me to be something that I'm not or do anything that I don't want to do. He supports mine and Brielle's hobbies, even though he might never choose them as his own (i.e. the horses). He understands me enough to know when I need "me" time and allows me time out with my friends. All in all, I don't think there's anything he wouldn't do for our family.

Oh, and he doesn't make me watch those horrible science fictions shows/movies. SO thankful for that.

Babe... life would suck without you.

No comments: