11.02.2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Day #2

Day #2 - My Job

I love my job.  I love the pay!
I love it more and more each day.
I love my boss, he is the best!
I love his boss and all the rest.

I love my office and its location.  I hate to have to go on vacation.
I love my furniture, drab and grey, and piles of paper that grow each day!
I think my job is swell, there's nothing else I love so well.
I love to work among my peers, I love their leers and jeers and sneers.
I love my computer and its software; I hug it often though it won't care.
I love each program and every file, I'd love them more if they worked a while.

I'm happy to be here.  I am.  I am.
I'm the happiest slave of the Firm, I am.
I love this work.  I love these chores.
I love the meetings with deadly bores.
I love my job - I'll say it again - I even love those friendly men.
Those friendly men who've come today, in clean white coast to take me away!!!"

--Dr. Seuss

In all seriousness, I feel extremely lucky.  Each and every day, I work with wonderful people, doing a job that I love.  I get paid well and the rewards for helping and working with the local REALTORS® far out-weigh whatever challenges present themselves.  And there are challenges with my job... but I welcome them.

I've had opportunities to form relationships across the state of Utah, and travel to places I never would go otherwise.  This job has changed my life for the better, and I feel that I'm a better person doing this work. 

My job has blessed my life and the life of my family.  I am thankful for my job.

No comments: