11.24.2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Day #24

Day #24 - The Arts

Brielle and I went to see the Nutcracker today at Ellen Eccles Theatre in Logan. Brielle has started getting excited about the new plays that come to town, and quite honestly, I enjoy going with her.
I remember as a kid, my parents used to take us to many plays at the Capital Theatre in Salt Lake City. Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera and The Secret Garden are a few that I remember. Now, later in life, I realize what a huge expense it must have been to take 2 adults and 4 kids to these theatrical events! $90 per person is what it would cost, now, if I took Brielle to Capital Theatre.

I will admit that the play that come to our little local theatre don't quite compare to those seen in the big city, however, for $40 bucks, Brielle and I can go and enjoy a lunch and an afternoon play. I sincerely appreciate the sacrifice my parents made to introduce us to the arts, and for the opportunity we have, even here in a small town, to the same.

No comments: