11.26.2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Day #26

Day #26 - The Holidays

I had a few experiences the past few years that had me resenting the holidays, namely Christmas. Simply stated, I just didn't like what I saw around me. Greed seemed to become the overall theme.

I'm not a saint, by any means, but I began to miss the feelings I had growing up. My parents were super generous at Christmas time, but it always seemed to about more than just the gifts. That's what I wanted and what I was craving.

So, two years ago, Chris and I made a commitment to make Christmas more about helping others, making memories and remembering Christ. As a result, the last two Christmas's have been the best ever. There are fewer gifts under our tree than in years past, but no on has noticed or been disappointed. The memories we've made and the people we've been privileged to help have made our family feel far more blessed than wrapped packages ever could.


No comments: