11.28.2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Day #28

Day # 28 - Parents / In-Laws / Grandparents

I know, it's multiple things today. But having only 3 days left of the "30 Days of Gratitude" project, I may have to squeeze in a few extra where I can.

I'm grateful for my both my parents and my in-laws, for different reasons, obviously. My parents raised me (and are hopefully proud of what I've become), taught me, supported me and loved me even through a few rough years. Even today, when I don't see them as often as I'd like, they still play a profound part in my life.

I'm grateful for my in-laws. They are such good examples of missionary service. They are kind, generous, and make huge sacrafices to be involved in their many grandchildrens lives. They raised a wonderful son, whom I love dearly, and for that, I'm indebted to them.

It's safe to say that all four were raised differently, but it's probably what I appreciate most about them. I love the lessons learned and experiences shared from each one. I believe it helps me become a better wife, a better mother and a better person.

I consider myself lucky to have my grandparents (aka Carrie & Bert) in my life. I never met Chris's grandparents, as they passed long before we ever met. He has such wonderful memories of his grandparents, while growing up and I have wonderful memories of mine. The spoil Brielle like they spoiled me (worse, probably). 

I love the friendly nature of my grandpa. The man can strike up a conversation with anyone, anywhere. He's sweet and has the most tender heart. I adore the sassy Italian nature of my grandma. Her nickname for me is "babe." See ya babe! How ya doing babe! Sounds strange (and hopefully not morbid) but I will miss that when she's gone.

I'm so grateful for my family, immediate and extended. I love them dearly and hope that they know that.

No comments: