12.27.2013

Christmas 2013 (Part 2)

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without the annual Potter Donut Day. This year, we out-did ourselves with 6 batches of dough, 130+ donuts/donut holes, 7 different glazes (introducing two new favorites... EggNog and Chocolate Peanut Butter), 13 different toppings and 7 cute donut decorators...

 

For the first year ever, Nani entrusted Gracie and Brielle with creating donut plates for her friends and neighbors. A task usually reserved for those who don't pile on multiple toppings and sprinkles. Also known as, the adults.


Brielle made sure each donut was topped perfectly -- not too much, not too little -- and that the glaze/topping combinations were more for the adult pallet. Like Orange glazed donuts topped with Almond slivers, Maple glazed donuts topped with Bacon, and another favorite of hers, Chocolate glazed donuts with Pecans and a Caramel drizzle (which she called the "Turtle" donut).

It still amazes me how quickly Christmas morning comes and is gone, after a whole month of anticipation and preparation. Chris and I have made a point to keep Christmas mornings just to our own cute family, and every year seems to be better than the next.

At our house, each person is assigned another person and we are responsible for their gift and their stocking. We came up with this system when the "Santa" cover was blown. It's become the perfect solution to keep the fun and excitement in Christmas. This year, I had Chris, Brielle had me and Chris had Brielle. I told Chris that he was going to have to work really hard to top the Taylor Swift tickets I gave her last year. And he did...


...by giving her an iPad Mini. Nice. We're going to have to stop with the competitiveness, otherwise, Christmas is going to get super expensive in the future.



I was spoiled this year. I don't know why, or what I did to deserve it, but Chris helped Brielle pick out the perfect gift...


A genuine leather, Michael Kors handbag, that is the perfect size, with the perfect amount of pockets, which keeps everything perfectly organized and fits perfectly on my arm. Love. It.

Chris has been talking about wanting a Bulldog for over a year now. And that's exactly what I got him. A Bulldog......... hand gun safe. Ha!

Our Christmas was wonderful! We spent it eating way too much good food, having fun with family and friends, and most importantly, spending time together. We hope everyone we love had just as good a Christmas as we did!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'd like to be adopted into your family and I'd like an ipad mini on my first Christmas. Please and thank you.