2.23.2014

The Face of a Fighter

This was the picture shared all over Facebook at the beginning of January. It broke my heart. This beautiful woman that I had known since I was little was going to be sent home from the hospital, under hospice care, to live out the last moments of her life.


Yesterday, I went to see this friend. And this is what I found...

 

The face of a fighter. A beautiful, smiling woman determined not to die. There is so much faith oozing out of her body it can be felt the moment you enter her home, and it nearly punches you in the face when sitting next to her. I felt a presence there yesterday. The presence of our Heavenly Father, stronger than I've felt in a really long time. So strong, I want to be near it -- and her-- again sooner, rather than later!


I've learned so much from this person watching her cancer journey unfold, and in the few moments I've been able to spend with her. She has taught me so much about having the courage to accept what is and the determination to fight for what you want. She spoke to me yesterday about being grateful for all that you have, because our blessings out-weigh our challenges, no matter how great they might be. And she reminded me of the importance of having faith in the Lord, no matter what.

Being with her and her family yesterday, I saw that she has a lot of life still in her and the determination to live it!

No comments: