3.17.2014

Blendtec Green Monster Smoothie

I didn't put up a new smoothie recipe last week, but I have a good excuse. We liked the Green Detox Smoothie so much we actually continued to make it two weeks in a row! I was asked what the "detox" part of the smoothie was, and I'll be honest -- I don't know. Maybe the ginger? 

This weeks smoothie recipe I adapted from a Blendtec smoothie recipe called the Green Monster Smoothie. I was hesitant to try it, because of the addition of Mango's. The Merkley's just aren't big fans. But I am finding that I love smoothies with green apples, so I thought we'd give it a try.

Photo Credit Given to Blendtec

Now, I've really enjoyed all the smoothies I've made so far. But this one, I really love! There is a lot more spinach in this smoothie than the others, so prepare yourself for a more dominant spinach flavor than the past smoothies. But who are we trying to fool? The reason we add greens to a smoothie is because we want the veggies, without actually eating raw veggies? But don't worry, you'll still detect the sweetness of the Mango and the tartness of the Apple. It was super refreshing!

Green Monster Smoothie
Recipe Adapted from: Blendtec Green Monster Smoothie
MAKES 40 OUNCES - 2 SERVINGS (282 Calories Per Serving)
  • 1 Banana
  • 2 cups Frozen Mango Chunks
  • 2 small Granny Smith Apples
  • 4 cups Baby Spinach
  • 8 oz Trop 50 Orange Juice
  • 4 oz Water
  • 1 cup Ice Cubes
Place all ingredients in your blender, secure lid and blend until smooth. I used the "Smoothie" button on my Blendtec, which blends for roughly 36 seconds.

If you haven't been following my weekly smoothie posts, you can read up about it HERE. I also include a few things I've learned about buying produce, prepping the fruits and a few tips for making smoothies fast and easy.

No comments: