7.31.2014

Orange-Grape-Kale Smoothie

I've still been making green smoothies on a regular basis... despite my lack of posting about them. The reason being that I find one I like and then make it every day until I'm sick of it. Which right now, is lasting about a month. Hence my last smoothie post being several months back.

I took to Pinterest to find a smoothie with Kale. I recently learned in a class that Kale has way more health benefits than spinach, however, I've only really every used it in soup. Except of course in the Kale & Pear Smoothie I made at the beginning of the year {amazing}, but pears are not in season right now {sad face}.

Back to Pinterest... I stumbled upon a recipe with Kale that also included frozen grapes. Which I love in smoothies. Seriously gives it such a good texture.

Orange-Grape-Kale Smoothie
Recipe Adapted From: Barefeet in the Kitchen {Link HERE}
MAKES 4 CUPS - 2 SERVINGS
  • 10 oz. Trop50 Orange Juice
  • 1 cup frozen Green Grapes 
  • 1 medium frozen Banana
  • 2 stalks Kale, stems removed
Place all ingredients in your blender, secure lid and blend until smooth. I used the "Smoothie" button on my Blendtec which blends for roughly 36 seconds. 

***I also add a scoop of SlimFast Vanilla powder to this smoothie. For one, it provides protein and helps me make to lunchtime with feeling starved {and I hate protein powder}. Second, Kale has a strong flavor and no matter what you say, I always taste it. The Vanilla powder helps mask the flavor a bit.***

***Making it my way, including the SlimFast powder, the calorie count per serving is 214. Not too bad.***

No comments: