1.15.2012

Macaroons

I love Macaroon cookies.  Not the French kind (although, those are rather good, too), but the Coconut kind.  I heart just about anything with coconut.

Friday night, after a ridiculously long week at work, I stopped at Kneaders to pick up dinner.  Yes, Logan now has a Kneaders, and Logan is grateful.  I had planned to just grab a couple of Turkey Bacon Avocado Sandwiches on Focaccia bread (YUM) but something in the bakery cabinet caught my eye.

A Coconut Macaroon.  But not just a Coconut Macaroon...... a Coconut Macaroon, dipped in chocolate and covered with slivered almonds.  Wow.  I'll take 2 please!

Now it's Sunday and while at church, I was craving Coconut Macaroons, dipped in chocolate, covered with slivered almonds.  So, I made some.


They didn't quite taste like Kneaders... theirs had more of a cakey texture to it... but they are really good.  I used Barefoot Contessa's Macaroon recipe found HERE.  However, I might only use 2 large eggs instead of x-large, and unsweetened coconut, cuz these were sa-weet.

But, regardless, it's coconut, chocolate and almonds, so I'm completely happy this Sunday afternoon, lounging and eating Macaroons.  Perfect.

No comments: