5.12.2012

My Red Door

In THIS post, I wrote about putting off the inside projects to focus on the outside projects, namely some painting projects and weed control.

In THIS post, I wrote about my husbands most recent acts of love.

And this is the result...


I feel like I have a brand new house!  The newly painted shutters and front door have definitely given an updated, fresh new look to a house that I thought looked drab, boring and sad on the outside.  The gray siding used to bother me, but with the bright red door and navy blue accents, I'm loving the gray!

My parents were up today, and Dad / Ken / Pops / The Master of Landscape gave me a few ideas for my empty planters, both in front and back.  And I think it's possible that the side of the bright red door made him cheerful and happy, because I saw something I never thought I'd see...

He fed carrots to my horses.

The man hates animals.

I think it's safe to say the red door is going to do wonders to the demeanor of those who pass by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The door looks great. Dad doesn't hate animals, he hates the smell and the mess.

Terry Arnold said...

Wow! You did a very good job with the door. It definitely draws attention. It’s like one of the houses you see on cartoons. It perfectly matches the whole house and the windows look great too. Great job!

Ashley said...

We are currently building a house and have gray siding. I've been debating what color to paint the front door. Red was my first choice and after seeing how great yours look I think my decision is made!
-Ashley
www.recentlyrimini.blogspot.com