5.04.2012

Where To Find... Sunshine Gift Basket

I'm currently in the process of making another "Sunshine" Gift Basket for yet another friend struggling through life's challenges.  It sure makes me count my blessings for the good health my family has.

After the last basket, I was asked about where I found the "stuff" inside.  So, here's where you can find all the items to create a special basket for someone you know.  I've even included a printable of the tags below (and for the record, the cupcake box will have Lemon Cupcakes in them when the basket is delivered -- in case you were worried)...


  • Yellow Bucket -- Michael's Crafts -- This is in their seasonal section.  I'm tempted to go back and buy more, just in case.  Any basket or tray will work just fine.
  • Lemonade -- Macey's.
  • Jars -- Hobby Lobby -- These were roughly 69 cents each and came in various sizes.
  • Lotion/Lip Gloss -- Bath & Body Works
  • Candy -- I visited our local specialty candy store.  They had jelly beans, gum balls, and other candies already sorted by color.
  • Lemon Scone Mix -- Satan's Pantry, er... I mean WalMart.

You can also see a jar with tags in it.  I left them blank so that my friends and I could write personal and encouraging words on them.  Of course, I also created circle tags and you'll find the link to those HERE.



Altogether, and depending on how much I put in a basket, it can run you $50-70.  However, you can certainly make something similar to fit your budget, yet have the same effect.   One thing I've learned is that sometimes, people don't need you help, they just want to know that you care.  The tags will show her just that.

3 comments:

Nathan and Shanna said...

Thank You for sharing! Love it!

Anonymous said...

My friend is having a bad time and would love to send her sth like this. Is there a shop or website that sells a similar basket? She lives in America and I am in Europe so it is difficult for DIY. Thx

Wanna-be-Cowgirl (aka Emily) said...

I'm sorry! I found each item at random stores and I don't know of any one store that makes something like similar.