8.01.2012

Messages from My 9 Year Old

I know this may sound crazy, and some parents may criticize, but I love -- LOVE -- that my 9 year old has a cell phone.  I get random messages throughout the day that say "I love you Mom" or "can I please have a cookie."  Aside from wanting to know where she is, and what she's doing, it's a way for us to stay connected while I'm at work.

Sometimes, I get some pictures from her, too.  Like this one, titled "Busted."


I've been wondering why my flowers have been laying flat.  Now I know, thanks to Brielle and her camera phone.  

Stinkin' pup.

But look at that cute face!  It's hard to get mad when you've got such a sweet pup.

On Monday, I got this picture, titled "Ouch."


It's not very clear, but it most certainly is a bee sting.

A sting that has turned into this...


See that brown dot?  That's where the little sucker stung her?  I've never seen a sting that big before!  Sad thing is, her whole arm hurts, her skin is hot to the touch and this pic is 3 days after the actually sting.

We may be paying a visit to the doc.

I know some are concerned with young kids carrying cell phones.  I made a point to tell people it was my phone when were first got it, and that I just used it as a "home phone."  Reality is, it's hers.  She sends me sweet messages, calls me to check in throughout the day, and I use it to make sure she's safe.

Text messages from Brielle are the best messages I receive.

No comments: