10.30.2012

Pinterest Find... Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 posts in less than 24 hours.  I know, right?  A month of absence and now an overload of information.

For those who really know me, you know that I don't make cookies.  It has nothing to do with not liking cookies (I love a good cookie), but I've been cursed with the inability to make a simple cookie.  Sugar cookies are one exception, I should mention.  I've tried multiple recipes and different techniques.  Chill the dough before baking or make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.  Use a cookie scoop or even just using a teaspoon.  They never work!  For me, anyway.

But clearly, thousands of people still successfully make the Nestle Toll House cookies, otherwise, their recipe wouldn't still be printed on the chocolate chips package.  This shouldn't be so difficult, right?

Well, on occasion (eh-hem, rarely) I will get the urge to try just one more time.  I'd gather all the ingredients together, muster up some confidence and my husband would politely ask me not to waste another bag of chocolate chips.  Supportive, is he not?

Over the weekend, Chris (the sicko) asked me to call my BFF and offer to fly her to Utah to bake him some chocolate chip cookies.  It was all the poor guy wanted, and let's be honest... Ms. Sadie does make really a really good cookie, but please... that's way more expensive than wasting a bag of chocolate chips.  Surely, Pinterest had a cookie baking secret I could find that would save me the $400 plane ticket.

No offense Sadie...

Hallelujah!  Once again, Pinterest did not fail me.  I found the baking secret (cornstarch... random, right?) and baked a perfect batch of cookies that were not only yummy to me, but got the stamp of approval from Chris.

Photo Courtesy of Kelsey's Apple A Day

They were moist, fluffy, soft and chewy without being too cakey.  Who knew that cornstarch in a cookie was all I was lacking?  So, if you are were like me and had trouble with cookies, there is no need to waste another bag of chocolate chips or fly in a BFF from California (or anywhere else).  Just bake up a batch of Kelsey's Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies.  You can find the recipe HERE.

Something to note... she says her recipe bakes 3 dozen, but I only ended up with 2.  I guess I wanted more than just an inch diameter cookie.

No comments: