11.16.2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Day #16

Day #16 - Girls Night Out

It's tough being a mom, and even more tough being a working mom. I have to do all the regular mom stuff... grocery shopping, laundry, house cleaning, soccer practice and voilin lessons, in less time.  When I get home from work each day, the last thing I want to do is house work. What I really want to do is just chill. And watch Grey's Anatomy.

Don't get me wrong -- I love being a mom and I love my job -- I wouldn't want to change a thing. I'm just a little tired all the time.

But what I really love, is when I get a break from it all, and get a fabulous night out with all my friends. I feel like I get to let lose, have fun, and not worry about all my mom duties at home. We gossip, we complain, we rant, but most importantly, we laugh a lot.

Tonight was dinner and movie with the ladies... Breaking Dawn, Part 2. Funnest night out in a long time. And while I'm grateful for these few nights out with friends, I'm equally grateful for a husband who supports GNO's and kisses me when I walk out the door. He clearly knows I need time with my friends as much as I do.

No comments: